Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Final Reflection

I have been more vigilant to the things people say over the internet. I try to understand the situation and circumstances of the speaker and reasons for them to tell me. Usually it is because of politics and/or money, but sometimes it is a truly good cause. Like the team trees movement, or the charity made to fund fire relief in Australia. It is important to be media literate so that one can use the or interpret the media freely without issue and confusion. It is extremely useful to be able to access the world's information at the palm of you hands. One can also view the world's problems and new ideas to mitigate them. Being educated properly on the ways and techniques people use to influence people to buy stuff can help people see the scams or the ripoff products being sold online or in stores. I saw that my media consumption isn't very diverse and it has shown me that the stuff that I do watch is semi interesting at best. The media is like the wild west of the world. Anyone can do anything, say anything, or think anything. You think you are safe, bu there are numerous ways of social engineering through email, fishing scams to get information, or hacking to find I.P. addresses or other personal info, like your bank password. It's practically a lawless land out there, don't be dumb, use your cranium when making even the most mindless decisions to save yourself from disaster, and have fun. :D
Image result for wifi

No comments:

Post a Comment