Monday, December 9, 2019

Placing Connotations On Experiences

As I listen to some music without word while reading a book, I get the a sense of dread. Why? Because this music makes me think of my 8th grade summer when reading books for HISP. I use this music because it sounds nice and it has no words and it is a decent length. However, after only listening to this song every time I'm about to read, when i just listen to the song normally, I feel dread and a weight being placed on my shoulders. My breathing gets heavy, I get more sensitive to sound, just things music shouldn't do to you.

I'm afraid that if I change the song, more music will face the same consequences as the first one and I won't be able to listen to them for pleasure, only work.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. But you should try to listen to music that can set a good mood or feeling. I think that if you take a different approach to what music you currently listen to you can get out of this feeling of dread.

    ReplyDelete